Category Archives: friday faves
Feb 3, 2012
It’s Friday! And I’m not going to break out into that oh-so infamous Rebecca Black that I know all of you secretly enjoy! I feel like I say this at the end of every week, but this week was one of my busiest! My business partner (and friend since high school) Steven Miller and I finally launched our design company’s website: Hello Hello Hi.
You might’ve noticed little mentions of Hello Hello Hi lurking around the blog and in the seasonal guides I’ve released and wondered what that was about, but now you needn’t wonder anymore!
- – -
In paper-related news around the web, here some things I enjoyed this week:
- Kaitlyn of isavirtue is holding a creative contest involving mail and art, all centered around a Valentine’s theme. I’m participating and you should, too!
- Thoroughly enjoyed reading about Marnie’s (of Crafterall) collaboration with Kendra (of GreenPost) — via All Things Paper
- I fell instantly in love with this floral ampersand DIY by Ashley Ann — via Design Sponge
- I discovered a new-to-me product called washable paper thanks to a tweet by Paper Runway.
- Fell head over heels over the prints/art that Joni of Lay Baby Lay shared in her “Fit for a King” styled post.
- – -
Just a quick reminder about the current giveaways on the blog, so hurry and enter!
- Today’s the last day to enter to win 3 Valentine’s cards, courtesy of Sweet Paper
- Yesterday I announced a new giveaway of a letterpress print by Sarah McCoy of The Permanent Collection which ends next Thursday!
Jan 27, 2012
A happiest of happy Fridays to you all! This week has been a busy one as my web design business partner and I are planning on finally releasing our website to the public come Tuesday, January 31st. In other design related news, while I was finishing up the Valentine’s Guide last week I was really in the zone and worked on re-branding and redesigning Discover Paper. So expect to see something new (pictured above) in these neck of the woods in the next couple of weeks!
For fun paper-related links, this week, check out:
- These Valentine’s tags by Ashley are beyond cute!
- Wrap-around labels from Joy of How Joyful for Valentine’s letters are such a novel idea! (check out the peony ones she introduced a little while ago)
- I’m head over heels about A Pair of Pears’ workspace! So clean, organized, and inspiring.
- A whimsical window display that Brittni shared from her trip to Alt Summit!
- An oh-so exquisite behind-the-scenes look at an oh-so exquisite photoshoot from Dauphine Press.
Jan 20, 2012
It’s that time again! Friday favorites! This week I felt like I was in a creative whirlwind. I’ve been working on completing the Valentine’s Guide, which will be released early next week, and I’ve been having late-night inspirations to re-brand/re-design Discover Paper and also brainstorm future project ideas. I only felt it appropriate to share the photo above of Yaron Steinberg’s Brain/City (as seen on strictlypaper) because my brain has felt like a city that doesn’t [want to] sleep!
Here’s to resting a little bit and taking a breather this weekend. I predict there will be a lot of therapeutic baking and HGTV-viewing, I’m sure.
Other paper-related links I’ve enjoyed this past week:
- This surprise party invite DIY looks like oodles of fun! (via papernstitch)
- Sweet printables from BerinMade (via poppytalk)
- Enjoyed the latest in Oh So Beautiful Paper’s latest “Printing Process” series: Edge Painting
- How awesome are Danni’s DIY business cards? Awesome with a side of awesome sauce!
- Gorgeous DIY gilded thank you cards (via Camille Styles)
photo via strictlypaper
Jan 13, 2012
The first Friday Faves for the year! I’m finally winding down from the Holidays, having finally opened up every toy and pulled off the tags of every item of clothing, down to the pairs of socks the Mr. received for Christmas. I know, poor guy, but it’s what he requested for Christmas!
Other paper-related links I’ve enjoyed this week:
- A fun airmail correspondence printable from Country Living (via li’l magoolie)
- Holy cow, a ginormous and beautiful DIY crepe paper rose (via Green Wedding Shoes)
- Jaw dropping over this innovative calendar by Pattern Matters (via strictly paper)
- There’s a giveaway of a 2012 Frankie diary over at Pretty Paper Things!
- Claire of fellow fellow is giving an entirely new meaning to “lighthouses“
- – -
Don’t forget to enter the two giveaways currently happening right here on the blog:
- $50 Gift Certificate to Felix Doolittle (ends on Jan 17th)
- Smock is giving away TWENTY of their calendars to US & Canada residents (ends Jan 19th)
Aaaand lastly, in case you missed it earlier, I just announced I’m releasing an online Valentine’s Guide soon!
all photos via Ever So Lovely via Anna-Wili Highfield
Dec 16, 2011
Who’s ready for 2012? I think I am, though I still find it hard to fathom 2011 is almost over! I’ve gotten one calendar so far but I have my eye on one that Erin Jang of The Indigo Bunting just released in her shop!
Other paper-related links I’ve been enjoying this week:
- Charming paper advent calendar featured on Joy Ever After
- Seven nifty gift-wrapping ideas (via fellow fellow)
- Adoring the pretty paper details of this festive and rustic holiday table (via A Paper Proposal)
- Dazzling patterned stationery by Frida Plumm (via Paper Crave)
- Gorgeous finishes on this Travel + Leisure Global Bazaar VIP Invite Packet (via Under Consideration’s For Print Only)
Here’s wishing all of you a wonderful weekend before Christmas! And paper shops, artists, crafters, and bloggers, you don’t want to miss out on this giveaway that’s especially for you! I’m giving away three ad spots right here on Discover Paper, so enter by December 27 to win a spot!
photo via The Indigo Bunting
Dec 9, 2011
Hey folks! A bit of a late Friday Fave this week. Been feeling a little sluggish since late Wednesday night and got bitten by a tiny cold bug (nothing to write home about), but thankfully with the help of orange juice, soup, and really bad television, I almost feel 100% better.
Anyhow, on with Friday Favorites!
I was recently introduced to Quill & Fox Design via one of my favorite design/print duos, A Pair of Pears via a blog post they shared. I am absolutely smitten by Quill & Fox’s styled photographs of their products!
Other paper-related links I’m loving from around the interwebs this week:
- Megan of The Fresh Exchange gave us a sneak peek of her print line!
- Loving these nerdy code cards (via Swiss Miss)
- Gorgeous gift wrapping ideas from Lia Griffith of Ellinée
- Noelia Lozanos breathtaking new project entitled VisualGrafik (be sure to check out her process in the video)
Don’t forget to enter these two giveaways on the blog, if you haven’t already:
- Enter to win a diy book kit from Igloo Letterpress (giveaway ends on Tuesday, Dec 13th at 11:59pm)
- Enter to win 5 items from the Holiday Guide valued at a total of $88 (giveaway ends on Monday, Dec 12th at 11:59pm)
photo via Quill & Fox Design
Dec 2, 2011
By now, I’m sure many of you have heard about BERG Cloud’s Little Printer. I have never wanted a printer so badly. Pocket-sized daily sudoku puzzles? Yes, please. It has numerous other more important uses, but it honestly had me at Hello I’m Little Printer. Learn more about this revolutionary product on BERG Cloud’s site.
Other paper-related news I’m loving this week:
- The darlingest of details from Joni’s (of Lay Baby Lay) little one’s first birthday
- Andy Singleton’s marvelous paper ice installation (via All Things Paper)
- Whimsical and creative pixelated wallpaper from ixxi (via simply GROVE)
- A lovely roundup of gift wrapping ideas (via Julie Ann Art)
- Absolutely adoring this idea for an advent calendar by Merrillee of mer mag
Before I bid you a wonderful weekend, don’t forget to check out the current giveaways:
- 2 Stationery Sets OR $25 to spend on paper/stationery goods at Omiyage
- My giveaway to all of you, my wonderful readers: 5 items from the Holiday Guide
Here’s wishing all of you a splendid weekend!
[image credits: image via BERG Cloud]