While one may get the urge to be crafty this time of year, reality is that Dec. 25 is quickly approaching and you might not have as much time as you’d like to hand-make all those gifts and meticulously wrap them. With that in mind, here’s one craft that you will have time for: DIY glitter gift tags. It takes less than 10 minutes to make dozens of these tags, which means it won’t take long for you to have enough for all your gifts.
What You’ll Need
- Adhesive glitter sheet (available at dollar stores and craft stores)
- Scrapbooking sheet (choose a light colour/pattern that writing will show on)
- Circle punch
- Hole punch
1. Remove the backing from the adhesive glitter sheet and stick to the back of the scrapbooking paper.
2. Use the circle punch to cut out the tags. I used a 1¼” punch because it’s what I have, but you could go a little larger. If you don’t have a circle punch, use scissors.
3. Punch a hole at the edge of each circle; I used a 1/16” hole punch. Thread string or ribbon through, tie a knot, and your tags are ready to use.
all photos by Corinna vanGerwen